Evangelism and Outreach
Redeeming Grace Church is committed to evangelism of lost souls. One of our three core pillars is to "evangelize the lost". Every true Christian must be engaged in reaching lost friends, family, neighbors and strangers with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Apart from saving faith in Jesus Christ, when a person dies they will die in their sins and be judged as guilty sinners by a holy and righteous God and be condemned to an eternity in the Lake of Fire. We must go with love to the lost around us and tell them of Jesus Christ who died for sinners.
One way we seek to help train and equip believers to share the gospel is to take them out to bring the gopsel to the lost. They can watch, learn and even pray while they are observing. Weekly outreach to pass out gospel tracts, preach and talk with the lost include:
- SIU-E open air preaching, passing out tracts, gospel conversations (normally every Wednesday 11:30 - 1:15 during school year)
- Alton Middle School pasing out tracts and conversations with young people (Thursday morning 7:30 - 8:30)
- downtown Edwardsville preaching, passing out tracts and gospel conversations (Thursday 11:30 - 1:00 p.m.)
- Barnes Hospital Metro Train Station preaching, passing out tracts and gospel conversions (Thursday 3:00 -4:30 p.m.)
- Lewis & Clark Community College (Fridays 11:30 - 1:00 p.m.)
- downtown Alton preaching, passing out tracts and conversations (Saturday evening, 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.)
Preaching at Barnes Hospital Metro Station on 1-10-2019 - YouTube video
Preaching in Downtown Clayton, MO to lunchtime crowds - 11-30-2018
Chicago Evangelism - Black Friday 2018
For many years a team goes up to Chicago on Black Friday to preach the gospel and pass out gospel tracts to the crowds walking by. Here is a picture of the Chicago Team and of Tom preaching at Water Tower Park.